Monday, 28 December 2015

Manila October 2014

It's nearly end of 2015, and I'm yet to catch up with 2014 travelogue. 
#wouldnevermakeitasblogger

anyway,

MABUHAY!

We went to Manila with a group of Hannan's friends from office. To save time and annual leave, instead of I flew to Saigon, then flew to Manila with Hannan, I just flew to Manila and met him there. Same arrangement when coming back from Manila. I'd flew MNL - KUL and he flew MNL - SGN.


But sadly, my flight was earlier and I had to wait 2hrs++ at unfamiliar airport. Did you know that Manila has several airport. It's not like KLIA and KLIA2 where KLIA serves international and KLIA2 serves domestic. Your arrival airport depends on which carrier and from which country you flew from. So happened that my flight and Hannan's flight from different terminal. I had to take bus to go and wait for him at the other terminal.

But all was well, we were reunited. For the first day, it was free and easy. We had lunch prior to checking in to our Hotel. At night, we just went to pasar malam just in front of our hotel.

nope, I did not bought that tee.
Followed by some coffee-date.


Just a short one coz we were tired and need to get ready for tomorrow's adventure activities.

DAY 2 : 24/10/2014

Today's we did Taal Volcano Tour.

This tour involves long journey by bus, then boat, then trekking with horse. So that was the actual reason why we did not bring Husna. We thought it'll be too dangerous for her.





It was approximately 30 - 40 mins trekking up with the horse ride.

Finally we reached the top and got to view the Taal Volcano. The special thing about this volcano is, if you can spot the little island inside the crater, it is the island in and island in an island in an island. yup, i think i got that right.




Then, time to go down.




Followed by our return trip home. boat ride --> bus ride. We were supposed to visit jeepney factory, but to avoid Makati's traffic, we decided to head back to the Hotel and rest.

DAY 3 : 25/10/2104

Today activity was city sightseeing. Places of interest includes Rizal Park, Fort Santiago and Casa Manila Museum followed by visit to shopping at Greenhills Shopping Center.

Rizal Park
Excuse my BLOOMING face. lol. I was already 4 months pregnant at this time.

still in Rizal Park.
outside Casa Manila Museum. No pictures allowed inside the museum. I know, weird right..!
Next stop, Fort Santiago.




Then, Greenhills Shopping Center.



I did not remember if we bought anything. Most probably just some souvenirs.

Afterwards, we went back to Hotel but Hannan and I decided to stop halfway to checkout Manila's highstreet. and I was surely glad we did that because Hannan ended up bought a souvenir for me. yeay.


Day 4 is the last day. Basically just free and easy before we both went to the airport and where one KL-bound and another Saigon-bound.